Go green

IMG_8972

teachocolate

Matcha (powdered green tea) is famous for its use in tea ceremonies and is the strongest tasting green tea because you drink the actual tea leaves. It’s also one of the most popular flavours of ice-cream, cookies, milkshakes and McFlurries in Japan, right up there with strawberry and chocolate. This new Crunky flavour is Matcha Shake. It says on the box that it uses green tea leaves harvested in 2009. The actual chocolate tastes very bitter and strong! It tastes like it must be healthy (matcha contains lots of antioxidants coz it includes the whole tea leaf).

Also, matcha chocolate chip cookies!!

cookies

cookies2

1. Posted June 12, 2009 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

LOVE THIS POST!!!! I’m a great fan of green tea too…wonder how i can get my hands on these! :D

Posted June 13, 2009 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

Hi Leslie! You may be able to order Crunky from EBAY! Sometimes they have Japanese chocolates and candy : )

3. Posted June 13, 2009 at 10:28 pm | Permalink

Yummo, that green chocolate looks strangely alluring! *wanders off to ebay*

Posted June 16, 2009 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Penelope – It’s fun to try. eBay GANBATTE (good luck)!. :)

5. Posted July 21, 2013 at 8:03 pm | Permalink

I’m really inspired with your writing talents and also with the format on your blog. Is that this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a great weblog like this one today..

6. Posted July 25, 2013 at 5:45 am | Permalink

Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thanks, However I am going through difficulties with your RSS.
    I don’t understand the reason why I cannot join it. Is there anyone else having identical RSS issues? Anybody who knows the solution can you kindly respond? Thanx!!

3 Trackbacks

1. By Enjoy your crunky time « pretty pretty yum yum on August 9, 2009 at 3:32 am

[...] toasted malty-puffy texture (like Nestle Crunch) and yum flavours (like Happy Strawberry or Green Tea Matcha Shake). I tried this Okinawa Black Sugar Crunky just before I left Osaka and it was so good, I was [...]

2. [...] a cute, sometimes Japanese-centric blog by Sydney-sider Amy Richardson.  She has a super post on matcha / green tea confectionery and treats in Japan as well as a great little archive of all things cute, kawaii & green [...]

3. By Happy Crunky « pretty pretty yum yum on November 17, 2010 at 10:52 am

[...] as pink as it looked on the box – certainly not as intensely coloured as the lurid green Matcha Shake Crunky. It tastes like cream cheese and strawberries, with the ‘crunky’ puffed-rice pieces [...]