Japanese sandwiches

teddybear sandwiches

I made these teddy-bear sandwiches after ordering some bento-making supplies from this eBay store. The cookie cutters make sandwiches in teddy-bear, bunny and flower shapes. Above are the teddy-bears, pictured with the bright yellow cutter.

flower sandwiches

The flower sandwiches and flower-shaped cutter. You just cut the bread with one side of the cutter then use the other part to make an imprint on top. You also use them to cut ham, vegetables, cheese for fillings or to make cookies. They only cost about $10 for all three cutters. :)

bunny sandwiches

The bunny sandwiches. All these sandwiches were pretty tiny, about 6cm by 3cm. They were fun to make, but it made me realise that to make bentos you need a whole lot of patience, coz they take a lot longer to make than you think they will! Now I’m even more in awe of bento artists like Lucky Sundae and Pkoceres who make the cutest bento boxes!

1. Posted September 7, 2009 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

Oh wow, best use of a $10 dollar note ever!
    I saw my very first sandwich cutter at my friend’s Tabitha’s house and couldn’t quite get my head around it, but now it totally makes sense. What awesome things for the kitchen!

Posted September 8, 2009 at 1:02 pm | Permalink

yep, so easy and fun to do :)
    they also leave you with lots of cute looking slices of bread with teddy-bear shapes cut out of them that you can use for toast.

3. Posted September 9, 2009 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

Oh. My. God.

These are amazing!

4. CUTELOVER
    Posted September 13, 2009 at 6:19 am | Permalink

AWWW THOSE ARE SO CUTE!! I can’t seem to find them in the store you linked, hopefully it isn’t all sold out >_<

Posted September 13, 2009 at 10:57 am | Permalink

Thanks Epicute! The cutters made it so easy, just press the bread and cheese into shapes and assemble.

Cutelover, here is the direct link to them.

6. gen
    Posted July 6, 2010 at 7:58 am | Permalink

PLEASE HELP ME! When I make the sandwiches it’s hard to make the heart shaped inprints do i toast it first? and how long.

7. cheryl
    Posted July 6, 2010 at 8:03 am | Permalink

PLEASE help me. I dont know how to make the details in the middle of the cutters really show. Should I toast them until the bread is stiff?

8. cheryl a
    Posted July 6, 2010 at 8:05 am | Permalink

I need advice help me. I dont know how to make the details in the middle of the cutters really show. Should I toast them until the bread is stiff?

9. Posted July 7, 2010 at 5:33 am | Permalink

OMG! supppperrr cute!!! <3

10. Mia
    Posted November 13, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Permalink

Yeah I can’t get my sandwiches to come out like hers. What could it be?

11. Posted October 26, 2013 at 10:47 pm | Permalink

Great do the job! Right here is the type of data that should be distributed on the internet. Shame on yahoo for the time being never ranking this article bigger! Think about it over and also visit this site. Thanks a lot Is equal to)

One Trackback

1. By If the world had cookies « pretty pretty yum yum on September 28, 2009 at 11:50 am

[…] kawaii cutters I bought on eBay from Shop Sukiyaki to make teddy bear sandwich bentos came in handy the other day when I made shortbread cookies. For these type of cookie cutters, there […]