Chestnut Crunky

You can easily tell which season it is in Japan by which limited-edition Crunky bar is available. Chestnuts roasting on street corners is a classic autumn scene. That’s how I knew the maple leaves were falling in Japan when this Roasted Chestnut Crunky turned up a few months ago, thanks to my friends Megumi and Fujie. (Yes, I’ve been saving it for a while ^_^)

The white chocolate has chestnut flavouring, crispy rice puffs to provide crunchiness and flecks of roasted chestnut to give the flavour extra oomph. The result? It surprised me. I’m not that into chestnut flavour but combined with white chocolate it tasted great! I’d recommend it! (It’s on eBay.)

If Nestle KitKat wins the prize for Japan’s most creative flavoured candy, Crunky must come a close second. They are always on the ball with fun seasonal flavours. How about Crunky Pumpkin Pudding, a special Halloween 2009 flavour? A very summery Okinawan Pineapple Crunky? Or a winter warmer Cafe Latte Crunky?

1. Posted December 9, 2009 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

I love chestnut and I love Crunky, this has to be great haha. Thanks for posting a review on this ^^

2. Posted December 9, 2009 at 10:56 pm | Permalink

I got that the other day.
    Can’t wait to try it but will have to wait, got too much snacks on hand. Glad to know it’s good.

3. Posted December 9, 2009 at 11:27 pm | Permalink

Wow, this looks great!

4. Posted December 10, 2009 at 8:32 am | Permalink

Crunky seriously rocks! The chestnut-flavored one is lovely and I miss the limited edition cheesecake-flavored one from last year. Still, with Crunky ice cream bars available at our local Japanese grocery, I’m not complaining. :)

5. Posted December 11, 2009 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

This sounds nice! I don’t really like Crunky, but I always want to try new flavors!

6. Posted December 14, 2009 at 4:18 am | Permalink

This blog is awesome. pretty stuff too.

Posted December 14, 2009 at 10:04 am | Permalink

Sara Mari, hope it turns up in a shop in your neck of the woods! It’s yum.

Ms K, looking forward to hearing your review! hope you like it too.

Karen, it’s a unique taste and smell, it’s fun to try!

Midge, wow the cheesecake one sounds great. I saw on eBay they have a strawberry cheesecake flavour out now!

Debby, I didn’t think much of it at first, but the flavours are so fun, now I love it.

Cyn, thanks for your comment! :)