Merry yum-yum Christmas

There is such a wealth of great foodie pressies around this year so I thought I’d compile them into a little online xmas buying guide for foodies!

1. M-Cups (above) by Fred. Matryoshka (Russian doll) measuring cups that stack inside each other to form one Russian doll. They’re so cute they make you wanna start measuring out your ingredients and get cooking. Avail online at hart & heim or in the Fred section on Amazon.

2. Cool Jazz Ice Cube Stirs also by Fred. Eeeeeeeeek how cute are these ice cubes/swizzle sticks!! Perfect for a round of Guitar Hero. $7.50 for three on Amazon or $9.99 on Wee Can Shop.

3. Cookie press by Williams-Sonoma. Whip up hundreds of professional-looking cookies in minutes with this thingie. Just scoop the cookie dough into the contraption and choose your design from one of 16 discs. $39.95 at Williams-Sonoma. But they say they just ship to US addresses, so you need to have someone in the US receive it and forward it to you. However, there’s a bunch of similar ones on Amazon.

4. Jungle pancake molds by Williams-Sonoma. Make elephant, lion and monkey pancakes with these molds, $18 here. However it doesn’t look like W-S ships to Oz. T_T. There are stacks of cute pancake molds here on eBay.

5. The famous Fry-panda from Japan, available at Fred Flare for $26. This is the mini version of the pan, it’s about the size of 1 pancake.

6. Pinocchio teapot and two cups. Made in Japan, this stackable, space-saving tea set for two is $56 on Fred Flare.

7. Panda food picks to cuten up your bento. From the eBay shop full of kawaii Japanese stuff, Shop Sukiyaki, $4.99.

8. Gift cake pan from Williams Sonoma, $36. The cake pan mold includes all the detail for the ribbon and bow on these gift-wrapped cakes, so cool!

9. Sandwich cookie cake tins from Williams Sonoma, $29.95 for two pans to make a giant Oreo-style cake! One blogger used it to make a super-cute oatmeal raisin giant cookie cake.

1. Posted December 13, 2009 at 1:41 am | Permalink

ames, those matryoshka m-cups are going pretty quickly in oz but i’ve managed to snare a set on a whim! and at $19 from rapture living – every dollar counts at this time of year :P
    and you’ve found my next bday cake: an oreo-sandwich cookie cake – it is amazing! x.

2. Posted December 13, 2009 at 8:12 am | Permalink

Great ideas – love those gorgeous measuring cups, and great for saving space!

Love the giant cookie cake =D

3. musketnuss
    Posted December 13, 2009 at 10:15 am | Permalink

I have this cookie press – and I think I’m doing it wrong, I never get out the cookies the way they should look like. ;)
    But I love the pinocchio teapot and cups-set (I’m a teapot freak), the measuring cups and the oreo cake tin! Adorable!

Posted December 13, 2009 at 11:08 am | Permalink

VJ, nice score :) How cute are matryoshkas! My friend Bean gave them to me for Xmas and I can’t wait to use them. Want the cookie cake tin so much!!

Karen, yes there are 6 measuring cups included in the one Russian doll, so it’s definitely space saving :)

Musketnuss, oh no. I had wondered if it was as easy as it looked in the pic! Booooooooooo.
    Japan makes the cutest teapot sets!

5. Wen
    Posted December 13, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

oh my goodness,
    the Fry-panda is so cute!
    I don’t think i’d have the heart to actually fry stuff in it though x)

6. Posted December 14, 2009 at 8:18 am | Permalink

Waaaaah~! That’s just too kawaii for words!

Posted December 14, 2009 at 9:47 am | Permalink

Wen, it is a great non-stick pan! I had one in Japan and used it all the time, however maybe you’re right, after 12 months of constant use it didn’t look quite as kawaii ;) maybe should just be used for special frying occasions.

Midge, don’t you just love kawaii kitchen stuffs!!! :)

8. Posted December 15, 2009 at 3:20 am | Permalink

Wow, this post is so cute and it makes me so hungry as well! ^^ That mega size oreo cake looks really great! I like the cookie press the best however, it reminds me of making spritz cookies with my grandma ^^

9. mikey kun
    Posted December 15, 2009 at 3:20 am | Permalink

its all so cute

10. Posted December 16, 2009 at 6:26 am | Permalink

my heart aches for that panda pan!
    will always regret walking out of LoFT without it…

11. Posted December 17, 2009 at 3:45 am | Permalink

Wow I love this post! I’m seconds from checking out shop sukiyaki. Oh and I’m sorry it took so long to put up your link on my listed on section! Do you have a graphic of yours you’d like me to use? :)

12. Posted December 22, 2009 at 9:51 pm | Permalink

eee – there is so much cute stuff in this post! I think my favorite things are the panda sticks and the oreo cake – amazing!

13. Posted December 23, 2009 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

I was browsing the internet for some cute recipe and I came across this post! Oh my, everything are so cute! How nice if I can have all of them :D
    Thanks for sharing them!