Jolly good

Royal Milk Tea is a ready-made milky tea drink that’s so popular in Japan. It tastes like tea with milk but it’s very sweet and a bit spicy, like chai. I loved buying it chilled in bottles from vending machines. When my friend Asha came to Japan she developed such an addiction to it that she ended up taking a few 2-litre bottles home with her.

I love the British theme of this KitKat, and the little Royal Guards marching along the pack.

And around the back!

Union Jack colours. The stationery in the background is Cath Kidston.

The actual KitKat is milk tea white chocolate and milk tea filling. The flavour is very subtle.

Thank you James for sending this to me from Japan!!

Here’s Royal Milk Tea in a winter vending machine (all the drinks are heated). Royal Milk Tea is also a popular flavour in Japan for Haagen-Dazs ice-cream!

1. Posted January 27, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Permalink

I love milk tea, I used to ask my ex-bf in San Diego to send them to me in the mail. Since he had some big Japanese markets around him. And I was often drinking the heated version this winter hehe^^

I brought some of those milk tea kit kats back, so now I’m really exciting to try them!

2. Posted January 28, 2010 at 2:33 am | Permalink

mmm… I feel like Kit Kat’s noww :)
    I love your blog and have been reading it for ages. It makes me want to go to Japan :)
    Keep being awesome!
    xx

3. Posted January 28, 2010 at 4:26 am | Permalink

*SQUEE!* I’m a major Royal Milk Tea fan; I will definitely keep an eye out for these at the local Japanese grocery.

Posted January 28, 2010 at 11:29 am | Permalink

Sara Mari, you will definitely <3 the milk tea kitkat! I never tried the hot milk tea, only the iced one but it sounds great. I might search for some of those sachets!

Kylie, thanks for your comment and link to your blog!! You will love Japan when you visit, it's full of so many beautiful and exciting foodie treats :)

Midge, yay i'm glad you love Royal Milk Tea too!! Good luck, I hope they turn up soon ^__^

5. Posted January 28, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

I LOVE THIS! I just ate this the other day and omg you can taste the tea in it!

6. Posted January 28, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

wow they really never stop making new varieties of Kit Kat bars in Japan! I feel pretty gypped that here in the US we only really get the traditional one and maybe a ‘dark’ version…I want all these crazy varieties! They look good…mmm

Posted January 30, 2010 at 5:11 am | Permalink

Ilyana, isn;t is yum!! I love the packaging so much 2! ^___^

Adrian, have u checked your japanese markets? They have lots of them at little Japanese stores in Sydney. Good luck!

8. Posted February 4, 2010 at 10:38 pm | Permalink

I was actually just able to get some of the Ginger Ale and Wasabi flavors of Kit kat bars…I tasted the Ginger Ale one, and it’s so good! I posted a review of the candy on my blog, check it out if you’re interested. :)

Posted February 5, 2010 at 11:02 pm | Permalink

Adrian, wasabi>?? oooh i haven’t tried that one. thanks i will check it out.