Yay holiday!

I’m counting the sleeps at the moment until my holiday to America! I’m flying away this Friday and hope to be posting some pretty yum yums from Las Vegas, LA, San Diego, Phoenix, Chicago and New York. If anyone has any foodie tips for any of those locations, please let me know! I’m excited about: American cheesecake (above pic from a Japanese magazine called “The Burger Book”, so may be more like Japanese cheesecake than American, despite the stars and stripes?)

The home of 7-eleven (I bought this Hello Kitty gotochi mobile phone charm at 7-eleven in osaka, they had 5 different versions, each with her wearing a different uniform)

Diners! Another pic from “The Burger Book”.

1. Posted June 2, 2010 at 11:29 am | Permalink

oh youre so lucky! i miss hersheys peanut butter kisses!

2. Posted June 2, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

Oh, i’m jealous. What a great trip you are going to make. I love the States (got married in Vegas). Just wanted to let you know how much fun it is to read your posts and see all the great pictures.Can’t wait to see the posts from your trip. xx

3. Posted June 2, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Permalink

Have a great trip! I’m jealous… Two cute desserting/sweets destinations in NYC:

Rice to Riches is all rice pudding, all the time

Alice’s Tea Cup is supercute high tea and afternoon tea fare – REALLY busy though, so you might have to book ahead

4. Posted June 3, 2010 at 3:20 am | Permalink

I love your blog! glad that you are coming to America to visit. i will actually be leaving in a few days to visit Japan! ^_^ hoping to finally see some of these snacks in person!

5. Nicole
    Posted June 3, 2010 at 5:58 am | Permalink

Whenever I hear about how awesome 7-11′s are in other countries I feel sad about the ones here in the US :(

6. ritzyroxie
    Posted June 4, 2010 at 1:31 am | Permalink

When you get to New York you HAVE to go to the High Line Park in Chelsea. I just visited New York myself and LOVED it! This sounds silly, but have you ever visited before?

Posted June 4, 2010 at 4:57 am | Permalink

Thanks all for your well wishes and tips!!! :)

Posted June 4, 2010 at 4:58 am | Permalink

Ritzy roxie, I haven’t been there before, I will definitely look out for it!! Thank you!

9. Posted June 4, 2010 at 5:13 am | Permalink

flying away again, lucky you! have an awesome trip and pick up a lot of goodies!!

10. Posted June 4, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

Hey Ame – you must go to the “Shake Shack” while you’re in NY. It is the best burger – Clint has written about it he’s so in love with it….http://fodderfanboy.blogspot.com/2008/10/fodder-benchmark-burger.html

11. Posted June 5, 2010 at 3:57 am | Permalink

the cheesecake looks yummy!(:
    and the hello kitty charm is absolutely adorable!!! :D
    have fun in the us! i would love to share some restaurants, but i dont live in the places ur visiting, nor have i visited them. xP

12. ritzyroxie
    Posted June 5, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

I forgot to say before, while you’re in New York you should check out the New Museum in NoLita. It’s the cutest building in the city. I didn’t get a chance to go in when I was there.The museum is closed Mondays and Tuesdays. But it was worth the subway ride over there just to check out the building itself!

13. Posted June 8, 2010 at 9:54 am | Permalink

oooh yay!!
    i go next month and i cannot wait!
    i want to try some carrot cake waffles from the waffle in LA (http://www.thewaffle.us/Site/Home.html)

you’ll have to share all your tips when you get back :D
    have so much fun!!

14. Posted June 8, 2010 at 9:56 am | Permalink

and if you’re in new york on a saturday there is a brooklyn flea market that my home girl martha stewart swears by. plus fred flare is that side of the bridge too ;)

Posted June 10, 2010 at 2:06 am | Permalink

thanks guys for the tips! i can’t wait to try all those places!!

16. classic993217
    Posted June 10, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

I really don’t suggest you go to High Line park. I recently went there and there wasn’t much to see it was mostly grass,small trees, and rocks.