Sweet Osaka

I’ve just returned from 2 weeks in Japan – skiing in Fukushima, eating cakes decorated like bears in Osaka, sightseeing in Tokyo and catching up with lovely friends. First on my list was stalking the patisserie level of Takashimaya, Osaka, to check out all the adorable new-year cakes. Some were bunny themed, for the Chinese new year. Some were decorated with snowy icing for a winter theme. All looked oishi!

After doing the rounds I decided on a kawaii ‘milk pudding’ (below). But then the sales assistant asked which one I would like… How could I choose ?

1. Posted January 17, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

Ooooh! That’s so awesome~! Be sure to post a lot of pictures from your trip please~ :D
    All the cakes look super delicious! I especially like the one that looks like a snowman (2nd pic) and the bunny one (4th pic).
    Kehehe. So which one did you choose in the end?I probably would’ve chosen the panda. :)

2. Posted January 17, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Permalink

Those milk pudding things look pretty good!

Please explain, though, what “cakes decorated like bears” looks like…it sounds really interesting. Like, were the cakes bear-shaped? Or adorned with gummies or something?

As always I’m jealous of your travels and the treats you ate….

3. Posted January 17, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Permalink

looks delicious! thank you for sharing! :)

4. Posted January 17, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous! And I saw you met up with Ebony Biz! Cool!

Those bunnies are amazing

5. Posted January 18, 2011 at 1:41 am | Permalink

That first picture looks so delicious! and the rabbits! (4th pic) Also I’ve been trying to find your RSS feed to add to my reader, but I can’t find anything…?

6. Posted January 18, 2011 at 8:35 am | Permalink

Those are adorable!! I hope you had an amazing time in Japan hun <3 Did the milk pudding taste as good as it looked? ;D

Posted January 19, 2011 at 10:47 am | Permalink

In the end I chose the BEAR (top right) !

8. Posted January 22, 2011 at 10:33 am | Permalink

How gorgeous! It’d be so heartbreaking to eat them, but they seem so delish! (And I love the bunny theme on some of them!)

9. Felo
    Posted January 23, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

So sweet! Thank you :] and welcome back

10. Posted February 2, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

So much yum!

11. Posted January 26, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Permalink

Those bunny pies are SOO freaking cute!!!